Website Velec Group
Velec Group is an international group experiencing increased growth. Specialized in the engineering and manufacture of complete lines for the food industry, VELEC solutions are highly hygienic and custom-made to meet our customers' needs. Optimism, team spirit, benevolence and a taste for challenge are an integral part of our values and our DNA!
To support our growth, we are looking for our new Sales Engineer to expand our VELEC teams. 🚀
This position contributes to the overall success of the company by proactively developing sales leads, establishing, maintaining excellent customer relations, and selling company products and services in the USA and Canada.
- Research and prospect for potential customers (phone calls, e-mails, conferences and tradeshows, network within the industry, etc)
- Call on prospects and customers for the purpose of securing orders. Analyze individual account development as well as the total territory.
- Follow up on company-supplied leads in a timely manner.
- Develop customer relationships by regular communication and demonstrating excellent customer relation skills.
- Make customer visits, demonstrate products, and assist at trade shows and exhibits. Help in developing product promotions and demonstrations both in house and in plant.
- Prepare proposals, technical evaluation of applications and requests for quotations. Work with customers to develop layouts and perform site visits to investigate the feasibility of applications. Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Create preliminary layouts and designs in SolidWorks and DraftSight (AutoCAD)
- Collaborate with engineers to validate unique designs.
- Coordinate with project managers to follow projects throughout the manufacturing process.
- Prepare demonstration videos/presentations to customers.
- Close business orders to achieve targeted sales goals. Successful candidates will demonstrate an entrepreneurial and positive attitude combined with the appropriate technical and interpersonal skills.
- Achieve and maintain annual sales goals.
- Conduct a monthly review of sales forecast.
- Maintain a prospect-customer CRM/data base. Develop and maintain sales reports in keeping with company reporting mechanisms.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition. Keep current with food industry equipment and packaging technologies.
- Handle account details in a timely manner so that all pertinent aspects of the order and closing details are complete and documented.
- Develop and cultivate business through diverse channels such as Users, Engineering Firms, OEM, Distributors & Contractors.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- This position requires self motivation, excellent mechanical aptitude, and above average sales ability.
- College education or proven sales experience and documented success.
- Ability to be on the road visiting prospective and current customers approx. 35% to 50% of the time.
- Experience: entry level position. Your co-workers will help you to succeed in this position!
- Good organizational, canvassing/territory management, and closing skills with a definite focus on customer satisfaction.
- Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Professional presentation skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of AutoCad and CRM systems
- Dependability, positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Results oriented. Assertive. Self Starter.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), sales commission, very comprehensive medical/vision/dental programs as well as life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, LTC insurance, a vacation/personal time program, a 401k retirement savings plan with a company match.